Backend memory leakage when inserting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From g.hintermayer@inode.at (Gerhard Hintermayer)
Subject Backend memory leakage when inserting
Date
Re: Backend memory leakage when inserting  (Gerhard Hintermayer <g.hintermayer@inode.at>)
List pgsql-general
I'm currently using 7.3.1 (linux 2.2.17) and noticed a memory leakage
in the backend when I do lots of inserts. I tried psql (insert into a
table with timstamps, values: 'now()') and with libpgtcl (the patched
version, that comes along with 7.3.2) and always noticed a memory
leakage. A process, that was running  for 2 month doing about ~ 200
inserts/hour resulted in a backend that consumed ~ 120MB of memory.
Has anyone encountered this problem and if yes, has this been fixed in
7.3.2 ? I don't want to upgrade, unless I can be sure this is fixed,
as this is the only problem I have and the inserting process could be
redesigned to close/open the connection after some days.

Gerhard Hintermayer