Re: Backend memory leakage when inserting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Backend memory leakage when inserting
Date
List pgsql-general
g.hintermayer@inode.at (Gerhard Hintermayer) writes:
> I'm currently using 7.3.1 (linux 2.2.17) and noticed a memory leakage
> in the backend when I do lots of inserts.

Unless you provide enough info for someone else to duplicate the
problem, it's going to be hard to say if it's been fixed or not.

I see only one memory-leak patch in the CVS logs, and it's for plpgsql:

    * src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c (REL7_3_STABLE): Repair memory leak
    introduced by recent change to make SPI return a tupdesc even with
    zero tuples returned: some plpgsql routines assumed they didn't
    need to do SPI_freetuptable() after retrieving no tuples.

This is post-7.3.2 ...

            regards, tom lane