Re: recovery_target_action=pause with confusing hint - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: recovery_target_action=pause with confusing hint
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2020/04/02 10:41, movead.li@highgo.ca wrote:

>  >So I'd like to propose the attached patch. The patch changes the message
>>logged when a promotion is requested, based on whether the recovery is
>>in paused state or not.
> It is a compromise,

Ok, so barring any objection, I will commit the patch.

> we should notice it in document I think.

There is the following explation about the relationship the recovery
pause and the promotion, in the document. You may want to add more
descriptions into the docs?

If a promotion is triggered while recovery is paused, the paused
state ends and a promotion continues.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao