Re: Pre-processing during build - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Mark Rotteveel
Subject Re: Pre-processing during build
Date
Re: Pre-processing during build  ("Markus KARG" <markus@headcrashing.eu>)
List pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 06:15:47 -0400, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> On 17 June 2015 at 03:07, Mark Rotteveel <mark@lawinegevaar.nl> wrote:

>> Java
>> >
>> > Markus, can you please be more explicit in your suggestion?
>> >
>> > I did try a simple "Hello, world" and it does not run in stock JDKs
of
>> > MacOS: https://gist.github.com/vlsi/aeeb4a61d9c2b67ad213
>> > Even if you manage to make that fly, that would be built on sand.
>>
>> Good example: it demonstrates at least that using reflection (eg
>> getDeclaredMethods; or in this case privateGetDeclaredMethods) will
lead
>> a NoClassDefFoundError.
>>

> I'm not sure this is a great example as Optional itself is a java 8
> construct.

Yes, and so is java.sql.SQLType. So if this doesn't work for Optional, it
also won't work for SQLType.

> Either way Spring is able to do this, as are others?

Spring uses a lot of reflection, proxies, byte code generation, etc to get
things done. I am not sure if you want to go that way.

Mark