Re: Pre-processing during build - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Pre-processing during build
Date
Re: Pre-processing during build  (Mark Rotteveel <mark@lawinegevaar.nl>)
Re: Pre-processing during build  ("Markus KARG" <markus@headcrashing.eu>)
List pgsql-jdbc

On 17 June 2015 at 03:07, Mark Rotteveel <mark@lawinegevaar.nl> wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 00:02:40 +0300, Vladimir Sitnikov
<sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The answer is pretty simple: Try it out. :-)
>>
>> Just compile a JRE 8 class down to byte code level 6 and load it on
Java
>> level 7. That's what I proposed. Nothing else. It really bet will work
>> unless you try to INSTANTIATE JRE-only classes, but it should LOAD. And
>> nothing more we need.
>
> Markus, can you please be more explicit in your suggestion?
>
> I did try a simple "Hello, world" and it does not run in stock JDKs of
> MacOS: https://gist.github.com/vlsi/aeeb4a61d9c2b67ad213
> Even if you manage to make that fly, that would be built on sand.

Good example: it demonstrates at least that using reflection (eg
getDeclaredMethods; or in this case privateGetDeclaredMethods) will lead to
a NoClassDefFoundError.

I'm not sure this is a great example as Optional itself is a java 8 construct.

Either way Spring is able to do this, as are others?

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca