CREATE TABLE AS SELECT hangs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From derek
Subject CREATE TABLE AS SELECT hangs
Date
List pgsql-general

Hello,

I am trying to populate/create a database with CREATE TABLE AS SELECT like so:

CREATE TABLE test_table AS
SELECT row_number() over() as gid, cells.geom
FROM test_geom_function(1,2,3) AS cells;

This works on one database instance, but not on another. On the database it doesn't work on it seems to hang on executing and when I cancel it I get

ERROR:  canceling statement due to user request
CONTEXT:  while inserting index tuple (6,13) in relation "pg_type_typname_nsp_index"
SQL state: 57014

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I am running PostgreSQL 9.6 with PostGIS also for some spatial functionality.

Thanks,

Derek