Re: pl/pgsql and global variables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Lim
Subject Re: pl/pgsql and global variables
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for all the answers.

To summarize, session variables are available for TCL/Python, but not
PL/PgSQL.
Unlike Oracle, there are no "global application variables", just store data
in a table.

Tom Lane also mentioned that the pgSQL language is the most tested.

Cheers, John

"John Lim" <heyjohnlim@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are trying to select which procedural language to use with postgresql.
We