Re: speeding up planning with partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: speeding up planning with partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019/01/17 4:32, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2019-Jan-11, Amit Langote wrote:
>
>> Looking around a bit more, I started thinking even build_child_join_sjinfo
>> doesn't belong in appendinfo.c (just to be clear, it was defined in
>> prepunion.c before this commit), so maybe we should move it to joinrels.c
>> and instead export adjust_child_relids that's required by it from
>> appendinfo.c.  There's already adjust_child_relids_multilevel in
>> appendinfo.h, so having adjust_child_relids next to it isn't too bad.  At
>> least not as bad as appendinfo.c exporting build_child_join_sjinfo for
>> joinrels.c to use.
>
> OK, pushed, thanks.

Thank you.

> I may have caused merge conflicts with the rest of
> the series, because I reordered some functions -- sorry about that.

No problem.

I have rebased the patches.  Other than rebasing, I've squashed the patch
to add inh_root_parent field to RelOptInfo which contained no other code
changes to use that field into the patch that contains changes to start
using it.  Updated the commit message of lazy-partition-initialization
patch to be accurate (it contained old details that have changed since I
first wrote that commit message).

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment