Re: Linear slow-down while inserting into a table with an ON INSERT trigger ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tobias Gierke
Subject Re: Linear slow-down while inserting into a table with an ON INSERT trigger ?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thank you for the detailed explanation ! Just one more question: I've
did an experiment and reduced the fillfactor on the table updated by the
trigger to 50%, hoping  the HOT feature would kick in and each
subsequent INSERT would clean up the "HOT chain" of the previous INSERT
... but execution times did not change at all compared to 100%
fillfactor, why is this ? Does the HOT feature only work if a different
backend accesses the table concurrently ?

Thanks,
Tobias