The folding of unquoted names to lower case in PostgreSQL is incompatible with the SQL standard - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Delorme
Subject The folding of unquoted names to lower case in PostgreSQL is incompatible with the SQL standard
Date
List pgsql-general
I am trying to integrate MapInfo with a postgresql backend.

Problem:

MapInfo query uses both quoted and unquoted statements i.e.
"MAPINFO"."MAPINFO_MAPCATALOG" and mapinfo.mapinfo_mapcatalog

I can not change the query statements that MapInfo uses to talk to the odbc
driver.

I am in the process of changing to grass5 for all my map production.

I have a schema called MAPINFO and a table called MAPINFO_MAPCATALOG.

I need to fold unquoted names to uppercase.

I really only need to change this behaviour for this schema.

David Delorme

http://dmdelorme.ca