Re: ERROR: null value in column "id" violates not-null constraint - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dmitriy Igrishin
Subject Re: ERROR: null value in column "id" violates not-null constraint
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello.
Note, that you may use SERIAL data type and PostgreSQL will implicitly create sequence for you column, for example,
    CREATE table test (
        id SERIAL NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, -- PostgreSQL will implicitly create 'test_id_seq'
        dat text
    );

Regards,
Dmitiy Igrishin

2009/10/11 Robert Paulsen <robert@paulsenonline.net>
On Saturday 10 October 2009 4:12 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Paulsen <robert@paulsenonline.net> writes:
> > I do have a question, though, I fixed things as indicated above:
> >     id integer DEFAULT nextval('vault_id_seq') NOT NULL,
> > Dump gave back
> >     id integer DEFAULT nextval('vault_id_seq'::text) NOT NULL,
> > That "text" seems odd. Should I change it?
>
> That's all there is in 8.0 ...
>
>                       regards, tom lane

Thanks!