Re: failed to unlink, Permission denied - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: failed to unlink, Permission denied
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/9/07, M S <arthur_ringworn@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>   I left our app on soak test overnight, it ran fine for some time but after a few hours I noticed the following
messagesrepeated in the log (the tmp filename changes, but the PlPgSql function which causes it does not).
>   2007-08-08 17:25:57 LOG:  failed to unlink "pg_tblspc/16403/16404/pgsql_tmp/pgsql_tmp5260.0": Permission denied
>
>   2007-08-08 17:25:57 CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "JobTargetNextUnsentGet" line 40 at for over select rows
>   The PlPgSql function is just a SELECT with 2 INNER JOINS, an integer comparison WHERE clause, with an ORDER BY time
anda LIMIT 1.

>   Could anyone please suggest what could be behind this error?
>
>   I have checked the Changelog from 8.2.3-8.2.4 and nothing look relevant.

no, but  (IMO) 8.2.4 is a required upgrade....so you should be testing that.

The server is unable to delete a file (specifically, a  temporary
table created for sorting).  Have you considered any running services
that may acquire a lock on the table (windows is famous for this).
This may also suggest you need to look at the work_mem setting, but
this is not the issue at hand.

is the error repeatable?

merlin