Re: stored function - array parameter - how many element in array ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: stored function - array parameter - how many element in array ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/13/06, Özgür Tuğrul <ozgur.tugrul@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> the question is very clear .. when we write stored function, we can use
> array parameter as a variable  .. but, in the function, how do i know how
> many element in that array ?
>
> i want to perform some dml operations about each one like (delete, update or
> delete)
>
> can anyone show me the example or tell me the function name i should use ..

have you looked at array_upper/array_dims?  you can see an example of
array_upper here:
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/merlin/index.php?/archives/4-fun-with-arrays.html

(shameless plug) :)

merlin