Re: getting function argument names from psql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: getting function argument names from psql?
Date
Re: getting function argument names from psql?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:37:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
> > On 7/12/06, Timothy Perrigo <tperrigo@wernervas.com> wrote:
> >> Is there a way to get the names of the arguments to a function
> >> from psql?  /df and /df+ return the parameter types, but not
> >> their names.
>
> > select oid::regprocedure from pg_proc where proname like 'your
> > name here';
>
> Nope, because regprocedureout doesn't include argument names (nor
> modes).  I think the best way ATM is to look directly at
> pg_proc.proargnames :-(

Back when, I submitted a psql patch to get the input names along with
their types.  Shall I dig up that code this weekend?

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!