Re: What is the best way to storage music files in Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: What is the best way to storage music files in Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 18/03/2008, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> Isn't a 10 or 24 spindle RAID 5 array awfully likely to encounter a
>  double disk failure (such as during the load imposed by rebuild onto a
>  spare) ?

I never said that we actually USED that set-up.  I just said
I did extensive testing with varied RAID-setups. ;}  We did go
with the 10 in the end because of that very consideration.

It's just that the mantra "RAID5 = slow writes" isn't quite true.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.