Re: unexplained autovacuum to prevent wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gordon Shannon
Subject Re: unexplained autovacuum to prevent wraparound
Date
List pgsql-general
That looks like the fix for this, thanks!  I will try to upgrade soon.

-- Gordon

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 7:43 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Gordon Shannon escribió:
> Ah, now I see what you meant.  Forgive me, I thought you were referring to
> the pg_autovacuum table in 8.3 where you have to specifiy something for each
> column, and -1 says use the default.  It appears in 8.4.0 I have to
> explicitly set ALL (?) other storage parameters to -1 to get the default,
> otherwise I am getting zero for each value??  I don't believe the
> documentation mentions this rather important detail:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-createtable.html#SQL-CREATETABLE-STORAGE-PARAMETERS.
> Did I miss it somewhere?

Err, no, that would be a bug.  Please update to 8.4.2, I think we fixed
it there.

revision 1.28.2.1
date: 2009-08-27 13:19:31 -0400;  author: alvherre;  state: Exp;  lines: +10 -10;
Fix handling of autovacuum reloptions.

In the original coding, setting a single reloption would cause default
values to be used for all the other reloptions.  This is a problem
particularly for autovacuum reloptions.

Itagaki Takahiro

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/