Re: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01.04.21 11:40, tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 4:05 AM, David Zhang <david.zhang@highgo.ca> wrote
>
>>    8 postgres=# update tbl SET DATA =
>>    9
>>   10 postgres=# update TBL SET
>>   11
>>   12 postgres=#
>>
>> So, as you can see the difference is between line 8 and 10 in case 2. It
>> looks like the lowercase can auto complete more than the uppercase;
>> secondly, if you can add some test cases, it would be great.
>
> Thanks for your test. I fix the bug and add some tests for it.
> Please find attached the latest patch V4.
>
> Differences from v3 are:
> * fix an issue reported by Zhang [1] where a scenario was found which still wasn't able to realize tap completion in
query.
> * add some tap tests.

Seeing the tests you provided, it's pretty obvious that the current
behavior is insufficient.  I think we could probably think of a few more
tests, for example exercising the "If case insensitive matching was
requested initially, adjust the case according to setting." case, or
something with quoted identifiers.  I'll push this to the next commit
fest for now.  I encourage you to keep working on it.