RE: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 4:05 AM, David Zhang <david.zhang@highgo.ca> wrote

>   8 postgres=# update tbl SET DATA =
>   9
>  10 postgres=# update TBL SET
>  11
>  12 postgres=#
>
>So, as you can see the difference is between line 8 and 10 in case 2. It
>looks like the lowercase can auto complete more than the uppercase;
>secondly, if you can add some test cases, it would be great.

Thanks for your test. I fix the bug and add some tests for it.
Please find attached the latest patch V4.

Differences from v3 are:
* fix an issue reported by Zhang [1] where a scenario was found which still wasn't able to realize tap completion in
query.
* add some tap tests.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3140db2a-9808-c470-7e60-de39c431b3ab%40highgo.ca

Regards,