Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018/05/11 15:27, Michael Paquier wrote:
> That's really up to the patch
> author at the end (I prefer matching with NULL, but usually it is better
> to comply with the surroundings for consistency).

Yeah.  I think in this case I'll have to withdraw my comment because most
places that check ri_PartitionRoot do *not* compare to NULL, so what's in
the David's patch is better left the way it is, if only for consistency.
Sorry about the noise.

Thanks,
Amit