Re: Database issues when adding GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Database issues when adding GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 7 Jun 2021, Rob Sargent wrote:

> This looks like a permissions problem, as though you are connecting as a
> role/user without permission to select from the tables.

Rob,

I'm a trusted user for all my databases as I'm the only one using them.

bustrac=# \d
                     List of relations
  Schema |           Name            |   Type   |  Owner
--------+---------------------------+----------+----------
  public | activities                | table    | rshepard
  public | activitytypes             | table    | rshepard
  public | industrytypes             | table    | rshepard
  public | locations                 | table    | rshepard
  public | organizations             | table    | rshepard
  public | organizations_org_nbr_seq | sequence | rshepard
  public | people                    | table    | rshepard
  public | people_person_nbr_seq     | sequence | rshepard
  public | projects                  | table    | rshepard
  public | statustypes               | table    | rshepard
(10 rows)

> Are these tables in a schema other than public.

Nope.

> can you show a psql session which accesses these tables, including
> connection string?

Not sure about the 'connection string' part but:
bustrac=# select * from activitytypes;
   act_name
------------
  Phone