Re: Multi-row insert: error at terminal row. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Multi-row insert: error at terminal row.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 29 Oct 2020, Paul Förster wrote:

> insert ...
> (
>    (v1, v2, v3),
>    (v4, v5, v6),
>    (v7, v8, v9)    <= this is the bracket pair that Emacs shows as matching.
> );     <= this is the missing bracket.

Paul/Adrian/Tom:

First thing I did was look at the postgres 12 manual. On page 155 I see:

You can insert multiple rows in a single command:
INSERT INTO products (product_no, name, price) VALUES
     (1, 'Cheese', 9.99),
     (2, 'Bread', 1.99),
     (3, 'Milk', 2.99);

Which is what I have. There are no extra parentheses enclosing multiple rows
of VALUES. But, adding them makes no difference: same error reported.

Thanks,

Rich