Re: Data entry / data editing tools (more end-user focus). - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Data entry / data editing tools (more end-user focus).
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 23 May 2019, Frank Alberto Rodriguez wrote:

> If you have the database modeled, the most quickly think I can thinks is
> with python framework Django. Configure the connection to the DB and make
> reverse engineer with Django, this create the entities class, then
> activate the administration forms and configure each form for the entities
> (few lines) and Django makes the magic and makes the GUI for the DB and if
> the entities are related this give you the option to insert before the
> entities needed. As a plus, you have the access control module done too.

Frank, et al.:

Django is great if you want a browser UI for a web-based application. If you
want a desktop application the Django alternative could be Python3 +
psycopg2 + SQLAlchemy using the tkinter UI library which comes packaged with
Python.

Rich