Broken postgres links need to find callers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Broken postgres links need to find callers
Date
Re: Broken postgres links need to find callers
Re: Broken postgres links need to find callers [FIXED]
List pgsql-general
   I managed to mess up postgresql-10.3 on this Slackware-14.2 desktop
server/workstation. It worked OK until I tried adding access to an another
application.

   For a reason I don't know, adding that listening address revealed that
many sym links are looking for 10.2 directories. I've found and fixed many
of these and need help finding the rest (perhaps only one more).

   Running pg_ctl start fails:
$ pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/pgsql/10.3/data/
waiting for server to start....2018-10-31 10:02:01.312 PDT [1285] FATAL:
could not open directory "/usr/share/postgresql-10.2/timezonesets": No such
file or directory 2018-10-31 10:02:01.312 PDT [1285] HINT: This may indicate
an incomplete PostgreSQL installation, or that the file
"/usr/lib/postgresql/10.3/bin/postgres" has been moved away from its proper
location.
  stopped waiting

   What file is looking for the timezonesets directory? It's using a symlink
but the error message is not telling me where it is so I can remove it and
replace it with a symlink to the proper postgresql-10.3/timezonesets
directory.

TIA,

Rich