Re: backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures
Date
Re: backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Robert,

> Done now. Meanwhile, two more machines have reported the mysterious message:
>
> sh: ./configure: not found
>
> ...that first appeared on spurfowl a few hours ago. The other two
> machines are eelpout and elver, both of which list Thomas Munro as a
> maintainer. spurfowl lists Stephen Frost. Thomas, Stephen, can one of
> you check and see what's going on? spurfowl has failed this way four
> times now, and eelpout and elver have each failed the last two runs,
> but since there's no helpful information in the logs, it's hard to
> guess what went wrong.
>
> I'm sort of afraid that something in the new TAP tests accidentally
> removed way too many files during the cleanup phase - e.g. it decided
> the temporary directory was / and removed every file it could access,
> or something like that. It doesn't do that here, or I, uh, would've
> noticed by now. But sometimes strange things happen on other people's
> machines. Hopefully one of those strange things is not that my test
> code is single-handedly destroying the entire buildfarm, but it's
> possible.

seawasp just failed the same way. Good news, I can see "configure" under
"HEAD/pgsql".

The only strange thing under buildroot I found is:

HEAD/pgsql.build/src/bin/pg_validatebackup/tmp_check/t_003_corruption_master_data/backup/open_directory_fails/pg_subtrans/

this last directory perms are d--------- which seems to break cleanup.

It may be a left over from a previous run which failed (possibly 21dc488
?). I cannot see how this would be related to configure, though. Maybe
something else fails silently and the message is about a consequence of
the prior silent failure.

I commented out the cron job and will try to look into it on tomorrow if
the status has not changed by then.

--
Fabien.