backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[ splitting this off into a separate thread ]

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 5:07 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'lll go see about adding that.

Done now. Meanwhile, two more machines have reported the mysterious message:

sh: ./configure: not found

...that first appeared on spurfowl a few hours ago. The other two
machines are eelpout and elver, both of which list Thomas Munro as a
maintainer. spurfowl lists Stephen Frost. Thomas, Stephen, can one of
you check and see what's going on? spurfowl has failed this way four
times now, and eelpout and elver have each failed the last two runs,
but since there's no helpful information in the logs, it's hard to
guess what went wrong.

I'm sort of afraid that something in the new TAP tests accidentally
removed way too many files during the cleanup phase - e.g. it decided
the temporary directory was / and removed every file it could access,
or something like that. It doesn't do that here, or I, uh, would've
noticed by now. But sometimes strange things happen on other people's
machines. Hopefully one of those strange things is not that my test
code is single-handedly destroying the entire buildfarm, but it's
possible.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company