Re: Tweak sql result set... ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Axe
Subject Re: Tweak sql result set... ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
> i think jasen is thinking of manipulating the result set in your programming
> enviroment not in the database.
> btw from the point of "clean programming" it's a bad idea to integrate
> html-elements directly into your database quereis. you're mixing data layer
> and design layer.
>
> what do you mean with sometimes?
> 2009/7/29 Axe <i...@axier.se>

I am aware of this "clean programming" and this is a part of why
I am trying to keep my blackbox of script intact since I want to keep
a good standard in those scripts. Why I need it "sometimes" is beacuse
I want to use the set of production scripts for test purposes.
"Intact" and
when I am doing some tests, I would benefit from manipulating the
result
set I am getting out from postgres for testing purposes by just
prepend
my test-workbench on top of the production script.

/ Axe