Re: Non-pausing table scan on 9.6 replica? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Non-pausing table scan on 9.6 replica?
Date
List pgsql-general

Am 06.03.19 um 01:26 schrieb Mark Fletcher:
> Hi All,
>
> On a 9.6 streaming replica, we do table scans for stats and other
> things. During these scans, the replication is paused (the
> 'recovering' postgres process has 'waiting' appended to it). We're not
> using transactions with these scans. Is there anything we can do to
> prevent the pausing?

have you set ```max_standby_streaming_delay``? The default is 30
seconds, which means that this will be the maximum time allowed for a
replication lag caused by a conflicting query.
You can use ``hot_standby_feedback = on``, but the downside will be more
bloat on the tables.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com