Re: write on standby - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Julie Nishimura
Subject Re: write on standby
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you. Are you going to have any presentations on Postgresql conference in NYC soon?

From: Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de>
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 9:16 PM
To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: write on standby

Am 06.03.19 um 00:34 schrieb Julie Nishimura:
> Hello there,
> Is it possible for a test app to connect to the standby dB of an
> active-Standby dB pair?

that's possible, but ...

> While both continue to be connected and replicating? What if it’s
> needed to write tmp tables that are later dropped?

... that's not. Not with streaming replication, but ...

> Can it be done in hot standby scenario on standby? Version is 9.6.2

... it would be possible with logical replication (trigger based
solutions like slony or lindiste or logical replication using pglogical
from us, 2ndQ).

https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/pglogical/

You can also use BDR2 with PG9.6, but this is only available for our
customers.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com