Re: Postgres 11 beta - no JITing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Postgres 11 beta - no JITing
Date
List pgsql-general
Andres Freund schrieb am 05.06.2018 um 14:34:
>> I am trying to assess the benefits of the new JIT feature in Postgres 11. However I can't figure out how to enable
it.

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7.4-x86_64/postgresql11-server-11.0-beta1_1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64.rpm
>>   yum install postgresql11
>>   yum install postgresql11-server
>
> I suspect the issue is that you also need the postgresql11-llvmjit
> package. The LLVM support adds dependencies, so it's not included in the
> main package.

Ah, that was it, thanks.

(It took me a while to figure out how to also install llvm-5.0 for Centos 7, but I finally managed)