Re: Postgres 11 beta - no JITing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Postgres 11 beta - no JITing
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On 2018-06-05 13:45:26 +0200, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to assess the benefits of the new JIT feature in Postgres 11. However I can't figure out how to enable
it.

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7.4-x86_64/postgresql11-server-11.0-beta1_1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64.rpm
>   yum install postgresql11
>   yum install postgresql11-server

I suspect the issue is that you also need the postgresql11-llvmjit
package. The LLVM support adds dependencies, so it's not included in the
main package.

> Then initdb and everything was up and running.
>
> I checked the installation:
>
>   "show jit_provider" gives me: "llvmjit"
>   "show jit" gives me: "on"

You can check whether support actually could be loaded with SELECT pg_jit_available();

Greetings,

Andres Freund