Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8
Date
Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
Some feedback and patches for your branch at
3274198960c139328fef3c725cee1468bbfff469:

0001-Install-a-few-more-files.patch

These are just some files that were apparently forgotten to be installed
so far.

0002-Adjust-some-header-file-installation-paths.patch

The installation of server headers is apparently still in progress.
This just adjusts the installation directory of those that are already
being dealt with, so they match the existing installation layout.

0003-Fix-warnings-about-deprecated-features.patch

This fixes some deprecation warnings and raises the requirement to 0.56.
  I'm not sure why the current cutoff at 0.54 was chosen.  Perhaps that
could be documented.  If we choose to stay with 0.54, is there a way to
turn off deprecation warnings, so not everyone needs to see them?

0004-Install-postmaster-symlink.patch

This needs 0.61, so maybe it's a bit too new.  Or we could get rid of
the postmaster symlink altogether?

0005-Workaround-for-Perl-detection.patch

This is needed on my system to get the Perl detection to pass.  If I
look at the equivalent configure code, some more refinement appears to
be needed in this area.
Attachment