Re: pgbench translation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: pgbench translation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le mer. 13 avr. 2022 à 11:29, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> a écrit :
On 2022-Apr-13, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> Once again, I've found that there was no .po file for oid2name, pgbench,
> and vacuumlo. I suppose that's because they are contrib applications. But
> pgbench is no longer a contrib application. It's now located in the
> "src/bin/pgbench" directory. So I'm wondering if it should be translatable?
> If yes, I could work on that.

I think pgbench should be translatable, but last I looked at the sources,
there's *a lot* of work to put it in good shape for translatability.
There are many messages constructed from pieces, some terminology is
inconsistent, and other problems.  If you want to work on fixing those
problems, +1 from me -- but let's get the problems fixed ahead of
adding it to the translation catalogs.

Yeah, I didn't look closely at pgbench's source code. Just enough to make sure it wasn't written to be translated.

On the messages needing some fixes, I don't know if I can do it. The terminology is quite foreign to me. Translating the man page has already been a nightmare :)

Anyway, I'll get a look and see what I can do.

Thanks for the answer.

--
Guillaume.