Re: Conflict Detection and Resolution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Conflict Detection and Resolution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23.05.24 08:36, shveta malik wrote:
> Conflict Resolution
> ----------------
> a) latest_timestamp_wins:    The change with later commit timestamp wins.
> b) earliest_timestamp_wins:   The change with earlier commit timestamp wins.
> c) apply:   Always apply the remote change.
> d) skip:    Remote change is skipped.
> e) error:   Error out on conflict. Replication is stopped, manual
> action is needed.

You might be aware of pglogical, which has similar conflict resolution
modes, but they appear to be spelled a bit different.  It might be worth
reviewing this, so that we don't unnecessarily introduce differences.

https://github.com/2ndquadrant/pglogical?tab=readme-ov-file#conflicts

There might also be other inspiration to be found related to this in
pglogical documentation or code.