INITDB in VISTA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anderson dos Santos Donda
Subject INITDB in VISTA
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Friends!!

I install the postgre 8.3 by command line :

msiexec /i postgresql-8.3-int.msi /qr ADDLOCAL=server,psql,pgadmin INTERNALLAUNCH=1 DOSERVICE=1 DOINITDB=1 ENCODING=UTF8 SERVICEDOMAIN="%COMPUTERNAME%" SERVICEACCOUNT="postgre_service" SERVICEPASSWORD="passWorD" CREATESERVICEUSER=1 SERVICENAME="PGServiceDatabase" SUPERUSER="postgres" SUPERPASSWORD="otHErPass" PERMITREMOTE=0 PL_PGSQL=1 NOSHORTCUTS=1  BASEDIR="C:\postgre" TRANSFORMS=:lang_pt_br

And, i don't have any problems whit it, but now, some Windows Vista doesn't allow to execute the initdb.exe, and I need to change DOINITDB=1 to 0 ( DOINITDB=0).

After installation, I to execute manualy the initdb.

But when I go to "Panel Control" > Adminstrative Tools >  Service and try to start my service, it doesn't start.

What I need to do to start the service by Administrative Tools?

Thanks for helps