Re: Does psycopg2 support Kerberos for Postgres? - Mailing list psycopg

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Does psycopg2 support Kerberos for Postgres?
Date
List psycopg
On 12/02/2016 10:46 AM, Yang Gao wrote:
> Dear Psycopg Dev,
>

>   Not sure if this is the right channel but thought to give it a try anyway.
>

>   This is Yang Gao from Two Sigma. We are trying to use your driver
> along with SqlAlchemy to access a Postgres DB with Kerberos support and
> failed to make it work. We have done quite some googling but found
> almost not relevant info. The driver does not seem to recognize the
> “krbsrvname” or  “gsslib” param suggested by Postgres doc.
>

>   We were wondering if Kerberos is supported at all by the driver? And
> if yes, is there any documentation or example?

Second question. Was your Postgres database built with the proper support?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/auth-methods.html

GSSAPI is an industry-standard protocol for secure authentication
defined in RFC 2743. PostgreSQL supports GSSAPI with Kerberos
authentication according to RFC 1964. GSSAPI provides automatic
authentication (single sign-on) for systems that support it. The
authentication itself is secure, but the data sent over the database
connection will be sent unencrypted unless SSL is used.

GSSAPI support has to be enabled when PostgreSQL is built; see Chapter
15 for more information.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com