Re: minio server. Was: Performance of ByteA: ascii vs binary - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: minio server. Was: Performance of ByteA: ascii vs binary
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/18/19 7:59 AM, Thomas Güttler wrote:

> Am 18.03.19 um 15:49 schrieb Tom Lane:
>> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> writes:
>>
>> This doesn't seem terribly surprising in bytea_output = escape
>> mode.  Probably with bytea_output = hex the performance would
>> be less data-dependent.
>
> Thank you for your fast reply.
>
> I guess we will use a minio server to store the blobs.

According to this:

http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/usage.html?highlight=bytea#adapt-binary

psycopg2 will use 'hex' by default.

Have you tried the test outside Python/psycopg2 e.g in psql to see if
the performance hit still exists?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com