Re: Problem upgrading from Postgresql 9.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Problem upgrading from Postgresql 9.5
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2021-07-14 at 16:12 +0000, Adam Norwood wrote:
> First post and I'm a complete beginner when it comes to Postgresql, however I've been tasked
>  with updating a versionn 9.5 install on Ubuntu 20.04 to just about any later version I can
>  get (latest preferably) but have hit a number of roadblocks.
>
> The machine has version 10 and 12 on it and by default, something I'm not sure how to change,
>  postgresql tries to update to V12. However it hits the following errors when trying to update
>
> Upgrading database moodlelive...
> pg_dump: error: Dumping the contents of table "mdl_local_intelliboard_details" failed: PQgetResult() failed.
> pg_dump: error: Error message from server: ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 2745040900
> DETAIL:  Could not open file "pg_clog/0A39": No such file or directory.
> pg_dump: error: The command was: COPY "public"."mdl_local_intelliboard_details" ("id", "logid", "visits",
"timespend","timepoint") TO stdout;

> pg_restore: error: could not read from input file: end of file
> Error during cluster dumping, removing new cluster

Unlucky you.  The database you are tasked with upgrading is suffering from data
corruption.  You would get the same result if you

  SELECT * FROM public.mdl_local_intelliboard_details;

You first have to deal with the data corruption, then you can upgrade.
You might have to hire an expert.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe