Re: How to debug a connection that's "active" but hanging? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jurrie Overgoor
Subject Re: How to debug a connection that's "active" but hanging?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12-07-2021 23:21, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Is this considered a bug in PostgreSQL, or
>> am I misusing the database engine by doing DROP DATABASE and CREATE
>> DATABASE over and over again?
> It's not a bug.  I suppose in a perfect world the stats would
> automatically be up to date all the time, but in the real world
> it seems like the cost of that would be exorbitant.

I see - that makes sense.

To fix this issue, I made sure a `VACUUM` is done prior to running the
unit tests. It's run as the database owner, so not all relations are
vacuumed. But it seems to vacuum the necessary relations, so no more
hanging queries.

Thanks Tom and Vijaykumar for your support!

With kind regards,

Jurrie