Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindentimplementation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindentimplementation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/19/2017 06:48 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
>> You can get a pretty good typedefs list just by looking for the pattern
>> "} <type name>;".
>
> That's going to catch a lot of things that are just variables, though.
> It might be all right as long as there was manual filtering after it.

At a quick glance, there are only a couple of them. This two cases
caught my eye. In twophase.c:

static struct xllist
{        StateFileChunk *head;           /* first data block in the chain */        StateFileChunk *tail;           /*
lastblock in chain */        uint32          num_chunks;        uint32          bytes_free;             /* free bytes
leftin

tail block */        uint32          total_len;              /* total data bytes in
chain */
}       records;

And this in informix.c:

static struct
{        long            val;        int                     maxdigits;        int                     digits;
int                    remaining;        char            sign;        char       *val_string;

}       value;

IMHO it would actually be an improvement if there was a space rather
than a tab there. But I'm not sure what else it would mess up to
consider those typedef names. And those are awfully generic names;
wouldn't hurt to rename them, anyway.

- Heikki