Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Drouvot, Bertrand
Subject Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

>>> OK. Understood, thanks Andres.
>>
>> I would love to see this feature in PG 15.  Can someone explain its
>> current status?  Thanks.
>
> The way I understand it:
>
> 1. This feature (probably) depends on the "Minimal logical decoding on
> standbys" patch.  The details there aren't totally clear (to me).  That
> patch had some activity lately but I don't see it in a state that it's
> nearing readiness.

FWIW, a proposal has been submitted in [1] to add information in the WAL
records in preparation for logical slot conflict handling.

[1]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/178cf7da-9bd7-e328-9c49-e28ac4701352@gmail.com

Regards,

--