Re: default locale considered harmful? (was Re: Using index for "like 'ABC%'" type query) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dalgoda@ix.netcom.com (Mike Castle)
Subject Re: default locale considered harmful? (was Re: Using index for "like 'ABC%'" type query)
Date
List pgsql-general
In article <3954.1050677301@sss.pgh.pa.us>,
Tom Lane  <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>I'm beginning to think that would be a good idea, given the increasing
>prevalence of en_US as a platform locale setting.  Comments?

And who's brilliant idea was that anyway?  Grrr.  'file' should NOT sort
next to 'FILE'.

mrc [more than slightly annoyed and off topic]
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/