Re: Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hadley Willan
Subject Re: Solaris
Date
List pgsql-general
You should at least have ECC RAM in the Solaris box, but then again, you
should have ECC RAM in any "server" to avoid in memory corruption.

If the disk "Array" blew it's toys, then it sounds like you may have
yourself a RAID controller, you could easily buy a few new hard disks,
and get yourself back up and running. RAID 5 needs a minimum of three
disks, RAID 1 Needs two. Failing the RAID controller, the solaris will
have a SCSI subsystem .... mmmmm, 15,000rpm, 16MB Cache disks....

Hadley.

--
Hadley Willan > Systems Development > Deeper Design Limited. +64(7)377-3328
hadley.willan@deeperdesign.co.nz > www.deeperdesign.com > +64(21)-28-41-463