Re: new line in psotgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jasbinder Singh Bali
Subject Re: new line in psotgres
Date
List pgsql-general
I tried '\r\n' in my plperl function to check for a newline character in the table and its working fine.

Also, would E'\n' work ?
I really did not understand if word newline is a key word for a newline character in postgres.

Thanks,
~Jas

On 8/6/07, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 13:28 -0400, Jasbinder Singh Bali wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone please tell me what is the character for a new line in
> postgres ?
> I mean how does a new line get stored in postgres ?
> Is it "\n" or "\\n" or something else ?

You can just put the newline directly in the SQL:

INSERT INTO mytable(myattr) VALUES('first line
second line
third line');

Regards,
        Jeff Davis