Re: 8.1.2 select for update issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.1.2 select for update issue
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> We're seeing some unexpected behavior in one particular 64-bit
> Pgsql 8.1.2 running on HP-UX 11.23 and Itanium 2, built
> with --enable-thread-safety.  We think we are seeing concurrent
> select-for-updates of the same rows by multiple concurrent
> backends, contrary to our understanding of select-for-update
> semantics.

You really ought to be using something newer than 8.1.2.  However
I don't see anything directly related in the release notes.

You do have a transaction block established around this whole process?
Row locks only last as long as the current transaction ...

            regards, tom lane