Re: DBI module for postgres 1.4.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jasbinder Singh Bali
Subject Re: DBI module for postgres 1.4.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
Whats the difference between a module and a bundle as i can see while downloading DBI from
CPAN website.
What exactly needs to be downloaded . I'm kind of not sure about it.
Thanks,
Jas

On 12/4/06, Albe Laurenz <all@adv.magwien.gv.at> wrote:
> Trying to connect to it throught perl code.
> Just wondering if DBI would be the best tool to use to
> accomplish this task.
> Which version of DBI should I be using.
> I mean if any one of you could give me exact pointers to it,
> would be highly appreciated.

Yes, perl(DBI) is the canonical way to connect to a database
from Perl. You will need the DBD::Pg driver too.
Both modules can be obtained from CPAN (e.g. http://www.cpan.org ),
maybe there are even binary packages for your operating
system available.
I'd use the latest stable version.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe