Re: Shared Objects (Dynamic loading) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jasbinder Bali
Subject Re: Shared Objects (Dynamic loading)
Date
Re: Shared Objects (Dynamic loading)  (Tiger Quimpo <bopolissimus.lists@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Its because my trigger has to initiate some unix tools and the code for
the same is already written in Perl.
So my trigger just needs to call the Perl program that would do the needful eventually.

~Jas

On 8/28/06, Gerald Timothy G Quimpo <gerald.quimpo@qualservcentral.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 01:29 -0400, Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> Also, the triggers that i wrote in C are not all that elaborative.
> They are pretty basic triggers. Also, I'm a rookie in perl but don't
> need to do something hifi with it.

Any reason why you don't do your functions and triggers in
pl/pgsql instead?  It's simpler to setup and learn
than pl/perl, IMO.

tiger

--
Gerald Timothy Quimpo   gerald.quimpo@qualservcentral.com
Business Systems Development, KFC/Mr Donut/Ramcar

  Debugging code is twice as hard as writing it, so by definition,
   if you code to the best of your ability, you are not capable of
   debugging it.