Re: More efficient build farm animal wakeup? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: More efficient build farm animal wakeup?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-11-18 Fr 22:12, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to find out about new git commits that is more
> efficient and timely than running N git fetches or whatever every
> minute in a cron job?  Maybe some kind of long polling where you send
> an HTTP request that says "I think the tips of branches x, y, z are at
> 111, 222, 333" and the server responds when that ceases to be true?

It might not suit your use case, but one of the things I do to reduce
fetch load is to run a local mirror which runs

   git fetch -q --prune

every 5 minutes. It also runs a git daemon, and several of my animals
point at that.

If there's a better git API I'll be happy to try to use it.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan