Re: rehashing catalog cache id 14 for pg_opclass; 17 tups, 8 buckets - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: rehashing catalog cache id 14 for pg_opclass; 17 tups, 8 buckets
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/17/2018 01:14 PM, Thiemo Kellner wrote:
> Hi all
>
> When running following query in psql (server and client version 10 with
> replication on Debian 9), I get the message mentioned in the subject. I
> have not found much searching the internet. There were suggestions on
> bloat so I ran "vacuum (verbose, full, analyze)" but the message remains.
>

> I do not feel that my DB has a problem but I was taken aback a bit when
> I first saw the message in the subject.
>
> I would be grateful about a bit shed light.

What do you have your log levels set to?

The only place I can find this message is in:

src/backend/utils/cache/catcache.c

elog(DEBUG1, "rehashing catalog cache id %d for %s; %d tups, %d buckets",
                  cp->id, cp->cc_relname, cp->cc_ntup, cp->cc_nbuckets);

If I am following correctly it is fairly low level message.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com