Old active connections? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hans Sebastian
Subject Old active connections?
Date
Re: Old active connections?  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello group,

We run postgresql 10.3 for a python django app with gunicorn on nginx with django version 1.9.5.

Recently, we started noticing there are many active connections from the django app server that are more than 1 week old still showing in pg_stat_activity.

Even though the django server has been stopped (all processes killed), the active connections still persist. All of these connections are UPDATE queries that look pretty normal.

Does anyone know the reasons they could be there? What could have caused them being still active?

This has become an issue as we started getting "FATAL:  remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections"

Thanks,
-hans