Re: Old active connections? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Old active connections?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 5:02 PM, Hans Sebastian <hnsbstn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello group,

We run postgresql 10.3 for a python django app with gunicorn on nginx with django version 1.9.5.

Recently, we started noticing there are many active connections from the django app server that are more than 1 week old still showing in pg_stat_activity.

​There are quite a few timestamp columns, and a state field, in that view - you should show some example records instead of leaving people to guess whether you are presenting an accurate interpretation of the data.

Even though the django server has been stopped (all processes killed), the active connections still persist. All of these connections are UPDATE queries that look pretty normal.

Does anyone know the reasons they could be there? What could have caused them being still active?

This has become an issue as we started getting "FATAL:  remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections"

​Some live process somewhere seems to be keeping an open session with the PostgreSQL service...

Long-lived non-idle statements would likely be waiting for a lock to be released.

David J.